About Semi-permanent Make-up
“Having the luxury to wake up with make-up everyday!”
What is semi-permanent make-up?
Permanent makeup is a form of cosmetic tattooing also known as micro-pigmentation. Pharmaceutical grade pigments are applied into the second layer of the skin to create a beautiful colour that resembles perfectly applied make up.
How long does semi-permanent make–up last?
The length of how long the treatment will last is dependent upon your own skin type and other certain factors including:
- Your day – to – day activities.
- How much sport you take part in.
- Use of the sunbeds.
- How much sun exposure you have.
- If you are on any medication.
The above factors will have an impact on how long each treatment will last you. The colour will fade over the years so an annual top up is recommended. Please note that Chloe Bianca Aesthetics And Make-Up use the highest specification of inks, which provide long lasting results.
What are the benefits of semi-permanent make-up?
- Semi-permanent make-up will save you valuable time every morning.
- No need to worry about the symmetry of your brows anymore or the latest brow palette to buy!
- Smudge free make–up.
- Water proof make–up.
- If you like to maintain a polished and perfect look.
- Enhance your features in the most natural way.
- If you are an active sports person you wont need to think about the application of your brows after training.
- If you travel or have holidays throughout the year enjoy swimming & sunbathing with perfect brows.
- As we get older our eyesight gets progressively worse and application of make – up becomes harder.
- Those who suffer from hair loss or alopecia a shape can be created to compliment your face shape.
Does it hurt?
Topical anesthetic is used to minimise the pain as much as possible. It is no more painful than having your eyebrows tweezed.
The process of the semi-permanent make-up treatment
Firstly, if you are interested in progressing with the treatment I offer a FREE over the phone consultation; I will go through with you in detail about the procedure and if you have any further questions I will be more than happy to assist.
First treatment – a consultation discussing your desired looks / maintenance. A shape is established and once your happy with the shape we will go through the colours, analaysing the best colour that suits you. Once this stage is complete the treatment will commence.
Second treatment – An additional top up is required 4 –8 weeks later. This second stage reinforces the pigment where the ink may need reapplication. It is common for hair strokes to fade and potentially pigment to fall out, these may not be visible to you therefore having a top up treatment will perfect any finishing touches to your brows resulting in them lasting longer!
Maintenance and how long will it last?
Semi permanent make up can last anything from 12months up to 3years. Chloe advises a maintenance appointment approximately every 12 – 18 months to keep the colour looking fresh. However certain factors will encourage fading of your semi – permanent make – up more quickly, it is very dependant on the individual’s lifestyle and skin type. The following aftercare procedures below will be explained in further detail on the day of treatment.
- It’s important to allow 7 – 14 days for your brows to keep well away from any water / sweat from the gym.
- Sunbathing/the use of Sunbeds.
- The use of Retin A creams, or products containing AHA’s, Glycolic or Vitamin A.
- Certain skin conditions or excessively dry/oily skin.
- Certain skin treatments such as microdermabrasion or chemical peels.
- Certain medications are known to cause increased fading.
- Chlorine in swimming pools will cause fading of your make up.